Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) is a graduate level school-based teacher qualification. PGCTL is designed to equip educators, who already have subject matter expertise within their academic discipline with the knowledge, skills, and competence, to teach at the K-12 level. It provides a cutting-edge curriculum that blends international best practices with topics of particular relevance for teachers in the region. It combines theoretical studies and practical experience allowing participants to take what they learn in the course and immediately apply it to their teaching. The overall programme approach is grounded in experiential learning, critical thinking and reflective teaching.
Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) will support educational authorities in the country to develop teachers with a high level of pedagogical know-how and competence in order to compete globally and to ensure high quality education in comparison with the best standards of education worldwide.
Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) will support teachers, in Public and Private Schools, who have little or no formal teaching background as well as experienced teachers who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills based on teaching methodologies and pedagogies.
Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) is a world class, internationally benchmarked & validated qualification for teachers to support their development and to enhance the quality of learning outcomes in the classroom.
At a glance
- Benchmarking & Endorsement
- Impact & Career
- Delivery Mode
The programme provides a professional qualification for existing teachers. The Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) combines relevant theory with real-world application, allowing participants to take what they learn in the course and immediately apply it to their teaching. Through a flexible online platform Suraasa, participants can access programme content and contribute to class discussions on their own schedule and at own pace.
Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) is benchmarked against international teaching standards and covers:
- Pedagogy: Teaching and learning principles, teaching skills
- Development and design: Curriculum, teaching and learning resources
- Learning assessment: Design, development, grading assessments (formative and summative)
- Human development: Psychology; cognitive, social and physical development
- Classroom Management: Discipline, physical arrangement of classroom
- Educational Technology: Computer applications in education, online learning and assessment.
- Teaching practice
Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) is validated and endorsed by educational experts internationally. It has been endorsed by UK Awarding Body ATHE at UK RQF level 6 (UAE Level 7) and is approved by KHDA, Dubai as a teaching qualification for school teachers.
Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL) will impact on teaching and learning by:
- Enhancing learning experiences
- Improving student learning outcomes
- Upskilling of teachers & hands-on learning experiences
- Having better engaged classroom
- technical, creative and analytical skills appropriate to solving specialised problems using evidentiary and procedural based processes in predictable and new contexts
- the skills to evaluate, select and apply appropriate methods, procedures or techniques while teaching and also to evaluate and implement appropriate tools and strategies in education and pedagogy
- Communication and information technology skills to present,explain and/or critique complexand unpredictable matters
This programme, is designed to fit into the institutional commitments of busy professionals. The programme can be completed in 300 guided learning hours (60 Credits). It takes 10 Months for a working professional to complete the qualification.
Blended. It includes weekly face-to-face classes (as minimum required criteria), research project, online learning and portfolio creation through our app ‘Suraasa’ (available on iOS/Android/Web).
PGCTL can be delivered in English or Arabic.
See 99 Assessment Indicators In-depth Course Details of UAE Teacher Standard
Contact with Us
We would like to hear from you. Please connect with us via email or call us at:
Building Number 5, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase 2, Sector 24, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
#23, Phoenix, 49th Floor, Ubora Towers, Business Bay, Dubai